Are you a committed devotee or a fair-weather fan when it comes to the Six Nations?
Here’s your chance to test your knowledge as the perfect pre-match warm-up to this year’s competition!
The recently published Six Nations Rugby Quiz Book by Matthew Jones is the ULTIMATE quiz book. It includes 50 rounds of ten questions of differing difficulty, covering the rugby championship since 2000 – the year that Italy joined the competition. From shock defeats to Grand Slams, from the battered veterans of many Six Nations campaigns to one-cap wonders, the tournament always bring something to get excited about.
Here’s one exclusive round of questions – lets see how many you can answer!
- Wing Damian Penaud made his Six Nations debut for France during the 2019 tournament. In which year did his father Alain make his final Championship appearance?
2. Which Great Britain rugby league International made his Six Nations debut at centre for Wales in February 2002?
a) Lee Briers
b) Anthony Sullivan
c) Iestyn Harris
3. Scotland defeated France 20-16 in February 2006. Which head coach’s first Six Nations match was this?
a) Frank Hadden
b) Hugh Campbell
c) Sean Lineen
4. Ireland were 2015 Six Nations champions. Who scored 58 points in the tournament?
a) Felix Jones
b) Johnny Sexton
c) Ian Madigan
5. Which three-times-capped British and Irish Lions flanker scored his only Six Nations try in England’s 47-13 victory over Wales in the 2006 Championship?
a) Andy Hazell
b) Tom Rees
c) Lewis Moody
6. Which two members of Wales’ 2019 Six Nations Grand Slam-winning squad played in the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens tournament a year previously?
a) Justin Tipuric and Hallam Amos
b) Elliot Dee and Aled Davies
c) Adam Beard and Liam Williams
7. France defeated Wales 32-30 in March 2021. Which of the following forwards received a red card in the encounter?
a) Wyn Jones
b) Paul Willemse
c) Nicky Smith
8. Australian-born Nicolas Zisti made two Six Nations appearances in the year 2000. Which country did he represent?
9. Who left Scotland’s 2020 Six Nations squad, having been told he wouldn’t be selected for their encounter with Ireland due to what the Scottish Rugby Union called ‘a breach of team protocol’?
10. Who was the first to make his Six Nations debut for England: Mako or Billy Vunipola?
All the answers and hundreds more questions are available in The Six Nations Rugby Quiz Book by Matthew Jones (£4.99, Y Lolfa) – out now!